The Sustainable Infrastructure Systems Programme
The CDT 4-year integrated PhD or Engineering Doctorate programmes provide comprehensive transferable, technical and leadership skills training. Each student will tailor their programme of learning so as to deepen their technical understanding and prepare them for the challenges of undertaking cutting edge interdisciplinary research in the Energy, Water and Transportation sectors. Research and training will take place in the context of addressing global infrastructure and sustainability issues.
The research component of our PhD programme will push forward and innovate, addressing questions of how to make our global infrastructure:
- Efficient in their use of energy and materials;
- Effective in serving society’s needs;
- Resilient to natural and man-made shock loadings and demands;
- Adaptable to changing patterns of use, behaviour and climate;
- Sustainable in environmental, social and economic terms.
The CDT is located in the School of Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Southampton which is ranked as the top university in the UK for General Engineering Power by the Research Excellence Framework.
The CDT is now recruiting for September 2018 entry